Who is BUSAT
Throughout history, tourism has increasingly diversified, cultivating interests for travelers all over the world. BORNEO ULTIMATE SPORTS ADVENTURE TOURS SDN. BHD. (BUSAT), has focused its efforts toward providing Nature, Sports and Adventure orientated tours.
BUSAT entered the tourism arena in 1999 with clear objectives. These objectives place BUSAT in the niche to better participate in developments of the industry as a whole.
First, to bring people together by introducing a common interest in the wonders of nature in Malaysia via outdoor sports adventures, such as biking, kayaking, rafting and trekking across mountains, rivers and rain forests. We offer packages such as jungle trekking, mountain biking, white water rafting and mountaineering that range from more easy-going adventures to “hardcore” adventures.
Second, to contribute to educational programs for people including students and the general public. This is to help people discover and appreciate their natural heritage with a view to impart the importance of conserving the natural environment during a country’s development.
Third, to introduce Malaysia, and the ultimate wild adventures she offers at the dawn of the new millennium. The Borneon route consists of challenges from diving in pristine waters to surviving the harsh tropical rainforest environment, paddle swollen jungle rivers, scale the rugged, densely forested hills to lowlands and deep caves. Here at BUSAT, we want people to have an experience like no other during their stay in Borneo, and that is what we aim to provide.
- Ahmadul Tahir has over 20 years experience as a tour guide across Malaysia, and was honoured with the title of “Best Specialized Tour Guide 2007” at the Sabah Tourism Awards.
- He has participated in many international races and has received numerous awards for his achievements including :-
- 2 Malaysia book of record entries for longest walk of borneo and first to circumvent Mount Kinabalu on a Mountain Bike.
- Eco Challenge 2000 – 6th place
- As team leader, Ahmadul is driven, motivated and passionate about adventure.
- Ahmadul is dedicated to providing an unforgettable experience to those who choose to tour with BUSAT, leaving customers with lasting memories of their time in Borneo.
- He is an expert in the field of white water rafting, mountain biking, trekking and kayaking.
- He has an in-depth understanding of local landscape, nature, culture and people, and will ensure your trip is both exciting and enlightening.
Sales & Reservation Department: Latifah Omar, Manageress and Co-Founder of Borneo Ultimate Sports Adventure Tours.
- Manageress extraordinaire, Latifah uses her creative talent to put together new and exciting tour packages.
- Latifah scours Borneo for the best routes, guides, activities and accommodation for BUSAT’s unique tours.
- She ensures everything at BUSAT headquarters runs smoothly.
- Latifah is co-founder of Borneo Ultimate Sports Adventure Tours, and has been running the office since it’s opening in 2000.
The BUSAT Crew :
Guides: Arkin Tahir
- Arkin Tahir, a crew member for almost 12 years, will ensure your adventure tour with BUSAT ROCKS!
- He is an energetic guide with an insatiable zeal for adventure sports.
- He is a professional and experienced mountain biker.
- He is an expert in the field on Kayaking and Rafting.
- Arkin is a friendly, dynamic, enthusiastic and dedicated guide.
- Majat’s passion for water sports motivated him to raft from a young age, and he’s been delivering Adventurousness to rafters ever since.
- Enthusiastic and friendly guide with considerable amount of guiding experience.
Adventure Company Director Profile
Ahmadul Tahir: Best Specialized Tour Guide in Sabah during the Sabah Tourism Awards 2007/2008Career Highlights Eco Challenge in Sabah (Sabah, Malaysia)-Team Captain Sabah-6th Place 2000 | Eco Challenge New Zealand (New Zealand) | 2001 National Geographic Action Asia Challenge 2002 | Mild Seven Outdoor Quest (Sabah, Malaysia) 2004